), Snowbound vs Alabaster: Which is the Better Sherwin Williams White for Cabinets, Trim, & More, Behr Silver Drop Will Keep You Guessing! I was really rooting for Hale Navy, but once I saw the house painted with the Newburg Green, I thought it looked lovely! I so appreciate that and let me know if you ever have any questions! Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, What Color is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy (HC-154). Remember, you are not sanding off the old stain or paint, you are just making the surface more porous so the new primer and paint stick. But because dark colors can make small spaces look cramped, Sarahs use of BM Hale Navy on one wall still makes this area look open and roomy. As you can see in the video, I sprayed a light coat and then I came back about 15 minutes later for another light coat of Rustoleum Universals Pure Gold (see the current price here). Im looking at Hale Navy, Cheating Heart and Sea Serpent. Beautiful and peaceful navy blue paint color, Benjamin Moore Hale Navy is one of the best alternatives to consider. (Makes me feel less guilty about doing that on our exterior once upon a time!). Here is a better shot of Rachels current front door. It looks beautiful on a front door or on shutters. Why its an interior design staple and the best navy paint for walls, cabinets. Benjamin Moore says that Hale Navy is: A use-anywhere shade of navy with a classic maritime feel.. As I write in my post A Better Alternative to Chalk Paint, I have had great success with using a primer and latex paint on furniture as opposed to chalk paint. It is also slightly darker, with an LRV of 8.28. Before I dive into comparing every popular Sherwin Williams navy, lets talk dupes! Thanks! In other words, it is a definite navy blue color but still plays nicely with different colors without being a blue gray. Peel & Stick Sample Photo by Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Inc. Photo by Benjamin Moore My biggest fear is that darkening it would bring out more purple, which I dont want. Wrought Iron is an ALMOST BLACK blend of black, gray and navy blue, but a blue that leans reasonably into blue-violet. Until then, you can see it on Pinterest. Hale Navy is a true navy that always looks navy, so these colors are not too similar. Required fields are marked *, By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. While the first coat is drying, I like to take this time to spray paint my hardware outside in the garage. Of course you could always choose this white: Dont worry, I did the heavy lifting and wrestled the secret formula out of the painter. Compare the front door to the welcome mat the comparison will help you see the COLOUR of Naval a bit better. Indigo Batik is a bit lighter/brighter than Hale Navy, having an LRV of 8. Paint Colour Review: Benjamin Moore Hale Navy HC 154 (For the rest of my time-saving furniture painting tips, fill out the form at the end of this post for your free checklist!). Needlepoint Navy by Sherwin Williams is a much lighter navy than Hale Navy. Red really pops against the navy with all of the fresh greens. If you like Sherwin Williams Cyberspace, Westcott Navy is really a subtle, slightly bluer tweak of it. Sitting right under Hale Navy in the fan deck is Newburyport Blue. Nothing beats Hale Navy kitchen cabinets and rest assured they wont be too bright or overwhelming. The LRV is 9.77. BENJAMIN MOORE GENTLEMANS GRAY 2062-20. Here is the front of her two-tone color scheme with Sherwin Williams Keystone Gray (back when the door was orange! It also helps that Hale Navy has some gray in it which makes it work more as a neutral. Westcott Navy was used on the kitchen island at . (Because you need a 6th option.) Navy - Online Flashcards by Sally Westcott - Brainscape Our Review of Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore - brick&batten As I mentioned in my post How to Sand Furniture, you shouldnt spend more than about 5 minutes sanding a furniture piece. It also has a touch less yellow/green and more gray. Its the perfect choice to get a smooth finish every single time! I think it is due to the warm lighting and reflections: You can also see how it looks a bit grayish, although I do think the brightness is turned up in the photo. Its like one of those online tools where you can try out different colors on a picture. It is a saturated deep navy, but this time with a lot more green. While I was working on this post, I learned that Hale Navy is a solid choice for exteriors of really any style. They knocked it out of the park with this transformation: Why do I feel like a Bridgerton character should be greeting a suitor in here? The LRV of Dark Night is 4. (Dont worry, plenty more of this gorgeous house in just a minute!). TIP: Hale Navy Sherwin Williams Equivalent My favorite Sherwin Williams paint is Sherwin Williams ProClassic Waterbased Latex for furniture (read why here), I decided to use the hale navy equivalent. It has an LRV way down at 4. In my opinion, this makes it the best navy on the market today! For painting walls, furniture, and cabinets in dark wall colors, be sure to use a dark primer. It has a similar LRV of 8.22. BENJAMIN MOORE WESTCOTT NAVY. This will ensure that the dust does not end up in the final finish of our beautifully painted antique dresser! Witching Hour is waaaay deeper into the blues than Hale Navy (which is on the cyan end) and more gray. It looks especially good in rooms where it can contrast with white like the laundry room in our home. See below with the paint swatch comparison. Mysterious is another very similar color to Hale Navy. For example. My grandma was a seamstress which is why I painted a lace detail on the edge of each drawer with stencils to help remember her. It has an LRV of 3, and it is also cooler than Hale Navy. Well, just like it sounds, Very Navy is very navy. When you are done, post the before and after pics here, so I can see the amazing work youve done! But now you know some furniture painting hacks to make painting dark furniture SO much easier. Join me as I give you my best DIY tips and home decor hacks while sharing some faith-filled encouragement along the way. Hi Karin, Hale Navy lightened by 25% would have an LRV of approximately 29, but that is probably even lighter than what you were thinking! The LRV (Light Reflectance Value) of Hale Navy is 8.36. This color is a teeny tiny bit darker than Hale Navy, with an LRV of 6. The thing with blue (and many paint colours) is that how they look is subjective based on whos looking at them AS WELL AS the products and OTHER blues theyre partnered with. Make sure you tip that sample to really see how the light plays off this bad boy and brings him to life! Cheating Heart with Sherwin Williams Pure White walls, You can even use Cheating Heart on interior doors, FULL Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Cheating Heart, YOUTUBE Video Review of Benjamin Moore Cheating Heart. Im a pretty big fan of this bright yellow door with Hale Navy: This is a very bright sunshine color, but you could always choose a shade of mustard and it would also look great. When comparing Hale Navy vs. We went with BM Westcott Navy and I love how it turned out! Plants & Seeds. Westcott Navy, used on the trim in the home above paired with Steel Wool on the stucco, is a couple of shades lighter than Hale Navy. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients. This is not just any piece of furniture but it actually belonged to my grandmother, Cornelia Moseley. Sherwin Williams Anchors Aweigh is a much more saturated and deeper navy. Hale Navy is one of the most popular navy colors because of its versatility and dependability. Blog Exterior Paint Our Review of Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore. Here is a kitchen with Hale Navy on the lower cabinets and island, with white countertops. White Dove is one of Benjamin Moores all-time most popular whites. This blog is about transformation. Im a little lazy when it comes to furniture painting and if there is a shortcut that still gives me the same beautiful finish, Im going to take that shortcut every single day of the week and twice on Sundays! One standout feature of this paint color is that it has both cool and warm undertones. The LRV of French Beret is 9.06, so its practically the same as Hale Navy. All are on the same color card. I do appreciate you giving us a review of these colors. Quite pretty, too! I love to hear your thoughts and questions! With its LOW LRV, Cheating Heart is close to the black end of things but has some gray and blue in there to lift it up from the depths. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy: HC-154 ULTIMATE Review + Pics! I'm going to show you how the undertones of Hale Nav. Light reflectance value runs on a scale from absolute black at 0, to brightest white at 100. You can see more of this fabulous homes Hale Navy cabinets here: 2019 QEII Lottery Dream Homes Hale Navy Cabinetry. Are you humming along with me in the navy, yes you can put your mind at ease? You can reposition it to check out the color in every area of your home.The best part? Midnight Blue is more gray and slightly more green than Hale Navy. That extra bit of gray makes it super easy to match with a TON of other colors. It is a bit darker, with an LRV of 6.81. BM Hale Navy vs. Sea Serpent. These are two of my favorite Benjamin Moore Navy Blues. Siding is redwood and home is 1962 MCM. Sherwin Williams Iron Ore vs Peppercorn (Full Comparison! Benjamin Moore Gentleman's Gray Review - A Radiant Navy Blue for Your However, Cheating Heart has LESS navy blue/more gray, which is how it casts that bit more black at times. After midnight would . Where Should I Paint a Feature Wall and WHAT COLOUR Should it Be? Its LRV is 13, and it comes off as quite a bit more blue. Isnt it gorgeous?!? You already know Im going to have Hale Navy cabinets galore for you! ), Color Comparisons to BM Hale Navy with actual paint colors in real homes. We only use paint colors in our virtual exterior home designs that weve seen and used in real-life applications. Explore shades similar to Westcott Navy $ 5.95 Add Added Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Peel, stick, and repeat. I love to show RELATEABLE & REAL homes, so ONLY use photos from my Online Colour Consulting clients. Rejuvenation. Use painters tape to attach it to a wall that gets plenty of natural light and then live with it in the same space for a while, seeing how light interacts with the color during the day! We have it in our home office, the basement laundry/mudroom, and even on the floors at the Beach Cabin. Gray Cashmere is a soft grayish green color. The LRV is the depth of color of a particular shade. Westcott Navy 1624 | Benjamin Moore Now, I cant tell you that your cabinets, built-ins or front door will SUIT navy blue; notevery home can visually support it. In this next photo, my client wanted to update the look of her oak kitchen without painting ALL of the cabinets. It is a better match if you want more of a royal blue than a true navy. Best, For that reason, use the roller I recommend below on cabinets and furniture in my painted antique dresser tutorial and video. LRV of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy The LRV (Light Reflectance Value) of Hale Navy is 8.36. Learn faster with Brainscape on your web, iPhone, or Android device. Just get the paint on and smooth it out with the roller. As an optional last step, you can apply a clear coat to help protect your furniture piece. I think it's okay to go darker and bolder in small spaces like powder rooms. When you are trying to decide between a dozen navy paint samples, a solid quantitative value is helpful! If you are concerned about Hale Navys gray undertones, you can go with Old Navy (Benjamin Moore 2063-10). Or Hale Navy alongside Raccoon Fur, to help you choose between the two? In case you missed it under trim choices, this is straight-outta-the-can Benjamin Moore white. HOLY FREAKIN DINAH! Would love your insights! Assorted Foam Paint Brushes (see the current price here). Stratton Blue is not all that blue, but it is a beautiful blue-green reminiscent of clear waters. Any advice is appreciated. Weve recommended it for use on all sorts of different surfaces: siding, stucco, brick, shutters, front doors, and more. You need the right environment, finishes and colours to support the strength of navy blue, but these ideas will at least get you off to a good start. Like all navy paint colors, it has some green undertones but they dont overpower the gray tones that make it a neutral. Another popular navy blue from Sherwin Williams is Indigo Batik, though it somewhat straddles the navy blue - regular-old-blue line. Your tutorial on painting with Hale Navy has given me confidence to do the same. When Im stuck for a color in a palette, Hale Navy very often fits the bill. Naval, we see that it has a LRV of 6.3, while Naval has a LRV of 4. The collision also led the Navy to fire the boat's top two officers and its highest enlisted sailor.. Vice Adm. Karl Thomas, commander of the U.S. 7th Fleet, relieved Cmdr. Few dark colors can still accomplish light and airy like this one can and I like how Hale Navys great depth of color grounds the space. Dont forget to download the FREE step-by-step printable checklist that shows you the entire process Ive used on dozens of furniture pieces while saving you time and money! But since navy blues can become overwhelming, the neutral undertones of Hale Navy make it a safer option. Loved looking at your Beautiful work.God Bless you. Paint Your Exterior in Hale Navy. Cheating Heart has MY heart when Im looking for a KILLER dark and striking approach to navy blue with a subtle blue-violet cast. Soot is often regarded as one of Benjamin Moores black paint colors. Instead, I am making room to cultivate space in my life for my soul to breath. Here is one last kitchen. It often ends up being cheaper than buying the test pots and sampling the old fashioned way. Edgecomb Gray is more beige than gray, but a nice sandy neutral with Hale Navy. I have got a lot of these comparisons, so I will try to get through them in just a sentence or two each! Im allowing myself more time to focus on the essentials, taking more time to rest and creating things I love. Also, it plays nicely with wood, lighter stained floors, a gray roof, or whitewashed bricks. Read on for a deep dive into Hale Navys technical specs, applications for its use, pros and cons, and alternative navy blue exterior paint colors. Instead, it is dark and moody, leaning more towards the black and dark gray tones it carries. Benjamin Moore Westcott Navy. Read more: Where Should I Paint a Feature Wall and WHAT COLOUR Should it Be? The LRV of a color indicates on a scale of 0 - 100 how much light a color reflects (or doesn't reflect). In the times when we feel all alone, He is sitting right by us, holding our heart and beckoning us to give our burdens to Him. Samples are only $5.95 each with free shipping for US orders over $15. Navy blue has been kickin it a LONG TIME in the design world, and while its popularity ebbs and flows, its hands-down, one of the colours with serious longevity when it comes to todays trends. )This tool will save your back and limit time on a ladder. The first one is named Hale Navy and also has a code HC-154 assigned to it. Commanding Officer - Navy Light reflectance values are really helpful to tell you which colors are deeper than others. If you find Hale Navy a bit darker than you wanted, Newburyport has a similar approach, just a bit lighter and brighter and pretty dang blue. In other words, it is a definite navy blue color but still plays nicely with different colors without being a blue gray. I started noticing an awful lot of similar neutrals on this list with Hale Navy, so I made another palette to compare those: Classic Gray is pretty classic, but not all that gray! Aug 11, 2022. The cobalt blue really pops when it's paired with a bright white. (Check out my full review of Sea Salt, with lots of real-life examples.). The color chart is named Benjamin Moore paint colours and it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers. We love it with trim colors ranging from bright and clean White Dove or Alabaster to the more decidedly off-white Seapearl to the greige Revere Pewter. Love your posts. In this kitchen again, you can sometimes see that hint of purple. Fruits & Vegetables. Explore. It is a classic color that stands the test of time. I love that it is a sophisticated navy that has gray undertones making it inviting but not an in-your-face blue. I would not personally put a color as dark as Hale Navy on my walls AND ceilings, because I live waaay up north where its dark all winter, so my house needs all the help it can get! I wanted to toss in Light French Gray even though it didnt make the most popular combos list, because its closer to a true gray. Hale Navy is also versatile in its uses for any room in your entire home because it is just as appropriate in a dramatic dining room, family room, or guest room. Roll on a thick coat of primer and paint any detailed areas with your brush. Salty Dog is a tiny bit more green than Hale Navy, but mostly it is bags more pigmented.
Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Branches Telephone Number, Articles W