Thanks. Im having an air leak problem with my pool. Its concerning to suddenly hear strange sounds coming from your Hayward pool pump. Hi Bobby, so you have power at the motor, but no noise. Davy, Hi, I have a H250PED2. I connected Line 1&2 plus bond. The rooms are equipped with a [] | Egypt Travel & Tourism Agency. Thought he motor was defective. Then, I tried plugged the pump into another power outlet and it still does not work. I have mud in my filter so I guess I have a underground broken pipe. It was only 3 years old. Poseer una casa es la piedra angular de la riqueza tanto la riqueza financiera como la seguridad emocional. The new pump runs great and only once every day or so do we notice that the pump is off and that the breaker is tripped. Hi Jeanette, somewhat normal with sand filters I would say first. Trying not to damage impeller. For the leaking underneath, that sounds like the shaft seal SPX1600Z2 or it could be leaking around the plumbing fitting threads, where water exits the pump, and is running down the side of the pump and dripping off the bottom. Step 3: When the instant salt level is stable (and the negative sign still present), cycle slide switch to 'Super Chlorinate' and back to 'Auto'. Motors are hot normally, 140 degrees or so, but if it shuts off and then resets and turns on again after 15-20 mins, it could be overheating, from voltage problems, loose connections, motor board, switch or capacitor wiring problems, or internal winding shorts. I just replaced the seal and all of the gaskets along with carefully cleaning the grooves that the gaskets rest in and greasing them thoroughly with Jacks. Spray shaving cream around all of these areas and run pump with the vac connected, to see if you can see the cream being sucked in, in these areas. Hi Peter, I think you might be jumping the wrong terminals? Also check other wires in the back of the motor. Pump shutoff during 24 hours of pouring rain. For Pools up to 40,000 gallons. Pump should be OK, I would think. Tighten the fitting hand tight, plus 1/2 turn or so, until really snug, but not super-tight. I think I have a different problem with the pump now. Hi George, that is a strange one, because you dont backwash, yet pressure returns to normal, just by shutting pump off for a minute, then restarting? Open faced impellers need very large pliers, or a strap wrench, some have special tools to remove open brass impellers. "keywords": "",
You need to be really sure about the actual salinity reading. Hi Chuong, the Leslies RS750CA is the same as the Hayward Super II pump, which are $500-$600. Also check that the stationary switch (6 oclock) and the centrifugal switch (dead center) are not loose or misaligned. It ran all night and still going. Could be a change in vibration, press down on the pump, to see if the tone changes. Hi Craig, could be a clogged filter, needing a flush out and perhaps a filter soak in DE Filter Cleaner. 4. If the No Flow LED is flashing, wait 60 seconds after starting your pump and filter. If the pump plugs into an outlet, I would check the GFCI button to be sure the outlet has not popped or tripped. The shaft turned with zero resistance. It wont stop leaking. Oftentimes I reassemble the pump only to find the diffuser laying on the ground (doh!). Today two years later, same company opened pool,pump stuck and want to install another 3400vsp for $1330. If theres no power at the switch/timer, go back further to the breaker. Ive checked out your blog and you had very good info for audience. Automation, Learn About I checked the prong connector and found no juice there. The pump acts like it wants to pump, but doesnt. The ampage to the pump has been the same since we got the pump 7 years ago and never had this issue before. Third, check the back of the motor, the centrifugal switch on the end of the shaft and the stationary switch at 6 oclock to be sure they are tight and aligned tab to tab, and not loose or misaligned. Home; Events. Also installed a brand new circuit box to allow for the bigger pump its a 20A GFCI breaker with 12 gauge wire going to the pump. The usual spot is the pipe that threads into the pump did you use Teflon tape and/or silicone sealant on the threads? But you could look further at the wires on the back of the terminal board, following them to the capacitor and switches problem lies where the power dies! Hi if a 2-speed motor only works on low speed, that is usually a loose wire or hi/lo switch. Hi Bill, when it goes into spa mode, the spa drain valve should open, and close off the pool suction valves, so that all the water is coming into the pump from the spa only. Or the filter cartridge may need to be replaced, and is clogged with minerals/dirt/oil, and creating the high pressure itself. We have just replaced the seal assembly as suggested by a Hayward rep already. the motor makes humming sound but nothing happened, then the motor became burning hot. $579 + Free Shipping in USA. service center location, advanced Ill look up the Drain King, is that something like a check valve? We purchased a Hayward D.E Filter last summer. HAYWARD SALT & SWIM OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib If the salt cell is clean but the salt reading is off, the Aqua Rite will need to be recalibrated. Our troubleshooting guide will help you get it up and running in no time. Missing push-pull valve o-rings, DE powder getting inside of the grids however thats something notable and the fact that it only does it on Low Speed, also unique. There are ants around the AutoChlor, the lights come on but which is the problem, the pump or the switching system? Yesterday the breaker tripped. Contact a professional for further assistance. low speed works fine, pump is three years old. Superpump lid gaskets are a square cut gasket that can come out of the groove easily, be sure it is seated properly, and lube it with Teflon pool lube regularly. When I went out to drain water from the pool it wouldnt turn on. K-1766 Taylor Salt Test My pump just quit working, figured it was old so I replaced the motor. Hi Yolanda, also a great question first plug something else like a hair dryer or lamp into the outlet, to be sure its supplying 115V properly (or use a test meter). What and how should I go about diagnosing this? Ran fine as long as I didnt turn it off. You are also using the diffuser? The Tristar VS would be a good choice and easy to plumb, since its the same pump. I am trying to run power under ground in conduit and would like to know what size wire to run. When I turn on the pump, it sucks water through but only 2/3 of basket is filled as if a suction leak. The correct lateral assy for the S210 filter would be the SX210DA if you used a smaller assy, the pipe wont reach all the way into (inside of) the multiport valve base, and allow sand to enter the pipe but just a theory, you likely used the correct and full height SX210DA? thank you Kelly. i have a hayward 240 super pump, which have had for about 10 years. Not sure what would cause that?!? It DOES turn on. Pump is less than 3 years old. Hayward Pool Heater Troubleshooting - In The Swim Pool Blog I used electrical tape so the impeller The electrician checked wiring and installed new breaker and does same thing. Then there is often a switch or a timeclock that is wired in between the sub-panel and the pump. A pump that simply wont start is a frustrating problem. Greetings! The latest Lifestyle | Daily Life news, tips, opinion and advice from The Sydney Morning Herald covering life and relationships, beauty, fashion, health & wellbeing Following this procedure will identify News Reporter Reveals On Live TV That Shes Been Secretly Recording We would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. Look for 4 other bolts, or a clamp band, to pull the motor/impeller out of the wet end, or the pump housing. If all good, check the capacitor, at 9 oclock, looking for bulging or cracking or burned marks. Even though the motor is only 2 months old and had very little run time, bench running it sounds pretty horrible. Increased flow this year may be from the new sand, and higher flow makes it easier for air leaks to appear. of and to in a is " for on that ) ( with was as it by be : 's are at this from you or i an he have ' not - which his will has but we they all their were can ; one also the dr myers ultrasound. Motor will hum for a few seconds and eventually trip the breaker. Hi Carolyn, When a pump displays those symptoms, its usually an air leak or a collapsed suction hose, or a very dirty filter. For more in depth troubleshooting or if you need help discerning which one to replace first, we recommend calling Hayward directly. Dont know if I need a new pump or what. Weve tried everything. Dont know how to fix this. (or 110V, if wired 120V). I opened the casing again and it had a lot of corrosion within. Inherited an old Hayward super pump that hums but doesnt turn over, checked the shaft which moves smoothly and replaced the starter capacitor to no avail. Sir, I have a Hayward Ecostar 3400 variable speed pump and will not run anymore. Water level is good, changed basket lid seal, all unions are tight. It likely also got hot and the threads shrunk, now drawing in too much air for the pump to catch prime. Upon reading alot of articles and watching videos, it seems the pump came with the clamp on the 115V setting? I connected the pump to a nearby receptacle with a heavy duty drop cord and it works fine. Also check that wires are tightly attached, at breaker, timer and pump. Now if its not an air leak, surging can also be caused by a clog in the pipe, usually a solid object like a golf ball, getting sucked back and forth in the pipe. I have the intermatic digital two speed timer. HI David, did anyone empty the pump basket recently? http://www.inyopools.com/blogSHOP at our online store! The arrow at the top of the hex nut points in the direction of the water flow. Is this a new or older installation? When they fail, they often crack, bulge, leak or smell bad, but not always. Thanks Went to clean the pool filter a few days later and now when turning on the pump it made a loud grinding noise. Switch your cell type by cycling the main switch from AUTO to SUPER CHLORINATE then back to AUTO. I set up to measure motor current, using 100amp, 100mv shunt, the current draw is 6.5 amps @241V (Pump pressure about 17-18 psi) The switch or voltage selector, I believe it should be only over one tab, but check the owners manual, or the wiring diagram on the motor. Hi, could be that the capacitor has worn out. Also check the pump basket, and possibly the pump impeller may be clogged, but Id first clean the filter. Hi, open up the air bleeder on the filter when you open the pump to release the vacuum seal from pump to filter. Hi John, the cap for that motor is START CAPACITOR, 161-193 MFD (BC-161) we dont carry it, but easily found online. Press on the pump with your hand, and if the noise lessens considerably, you may be able to shim under the pump, with a rubber pad, to absorb vibrations. A sticky skimmer weir door can cause water blockage to the skimmer, and give priming problems too. We opened our pool a week ago and havent had a problem until today (May 23. Its just a trickle (as opposed to a spray)at this time. If I wait for a few minutes after that, the pump starts up again at full speed. The problem lies where the power dies [note to readers: motor cycling is not the same as pump cycling, where the water flow starts and stops, here I am talking about the motor itself starting/stopping], I have a Hayward sp2607x10 pump. There isnt a break-in period for these units. Please note: The majority of our literature and brochures are in English only. Scoop out debris left in basket area, and try again. Make sure that the drive is bonded with the bare copper wire and all four screws are secure on the drive. PUMP IS 15 YEARS OLD. In particular, if the salt content of your pool water is too high, your metal screws, handrails, ladders, and covers will rust excessively. Select Product to Register: Step 4: Enter the registration information for your product . Can I replace a specific part or do I have to buy a new one? If the cell is still producing chlorine, it should be fine. Though it is a different control, they use the same cell; so if you are getting a temperature reading of 215, you need to replace the cell. If it does not, keep reading. "url": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide",
i just installed a vspnp hayward pump and when i flip the breaker on it only makes a clicking noise. Amp draw is 15 amps. We would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. Another check to do is to place the multiport valve on recirculate, which bypasses the filter, and will let you know for sure that the problem is in the filter sand. Got a new motor, it made humming noise since day on,if i help it spin it works so I changed the capacitor and still the same, humming and if I help it to spin it goes fine, any suggestions? So you could cut off the pipe and cap it yes, although it might be worth investigating the repair cost the crack could be just 2 foot below the ground, near the pump/filter. Attached please find a copy of the Aqua Plus Operation Manual Please note Section - Configuration Menu Items, Cell Type Selection, page 16. of and in " a to was is ) ( for as on by he with 's that at from his it an were are which this also be has or : had first one their its new after but who not they have We would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. Students and professors will find thorough, current coverage of all business research topics presented with a balance of theory and practical Full membership to the IDM is for researchers who are fully committed to conducting their research in the IDM, preferably accommodated in the IDM complex, for 5 We would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. Packing Pool Putty or Silicone around the fitting is a good fix, replacing the fitting is a better fix. For Use With: Hayward AquaTrol Pool Chlorine Generator Brand: HAYWARD REVIEWS Q&A Powered by TurnTo Review More Purchases | My Posts There are no reviews for this item. Just replaced our pool pump, Hayward 1 hp self priming, super pump. I have a hayward pump installed as a new this March, 1.5 hp motor with a 23 inch filter to support a 12,000 gallons pool, it was working properly the first 3 months occasionally motor shut off and it wasnt by the breaker, since a week motor keep running only by 20 ,ins and suit off, touching the motor it is hot, I review filter pressure it is 15 psi, it is the same since installation. This is Poolside Chat where every week we answer your questions on how to fix and maintain your swimming pool. It could also be that the power cord is not rated for 15 amps, which is the likely size of the breaker for the outlet (but check the breaker amp size). Hello, we have a 2 speed Hayward Tgistar pump it just stopped running, I have east the breakers both at the controller and on the main panel, the pump is hot to the touch and will restart after about two minutes then shutdown again. It hums. Hi Mark, hard to say if it does not display any error code, the caution symbol on a Hayward Heater is usually accompanied by an error code, LO being the most common, for low water flow. If you can, you can check voltage with a meter, on the breaker, to see how much voltage it is passing. It may have also tripped. Hayward Blue Essense-20 | Trouble Free Pool There could also be a short in the wiring to the pump, or from the breaker to the switch. Some advice? Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. Thanks. Could be too much or too little sand, the filter should be about 2/3 full of sand. When it stops again, you may want to pull off the filter valve from the filter, and inspect the top few inches of sand, maybe replacing it with new. One washer on each side of the spring, you are correct. "As for cleaning the pool filters, I do this every couple of days and doesn't help pressure.". Fourth possibility is that the other lines (skimmer or main drain) are partially clogged or valves closed, not allowing enough water to enter pump, while vacuuming. This is weird, no? Shaft seals may blow out if a valve after the pump is turned or briefly closed while the pump is running. Inspect and clean your cell. A click on the outlet you say? High will run fine but next day I have to do the same, start with low and switch to high. Well, the good news is you are at the right spot and youre definitely not alone. 2. The centrifugal switch may be loose, or the stationary switch may be bent and not releasing. https://www.instagram.com/inyopools/JOIN our circle on GOOGLE+ https://plus.google.com/+Inyopools/postsAs with any automatic salt chlorine generator, tune ups are needed from time to time. It overheated very badly, even burning the hayward sticker off the pump itself maybe a month ago. If it sounds loud and grumbly, that can be a sign of cavitation, being starved for water, from not enough water being supplied (it wants more). the termistor was blown. If you attached the cord, make sure that the wires are correctly attached to the terminal board, and the ground wire secure.
Naspghan Foreign Body Guidelines, Articles H