Like, Im not joking here, this sand is crazy. Relax in a hammock or the pool, and grab a bite to eat! Black sand beaches are very common in Guatemala, which makes them exotic. While there isnt too much to do in El Paredon, its a good place to relax and you wont want to rush yourself, so I would recommend staying for at least two nights. Quieres ganar 1 noche gratis en Hotel Kaana Surf en Playa el Paredn We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. If youve visited other parts of the country, youll know all about the shoddy roads. But there are also some nicer hotels and hostels if youre looking for something a little more comfortable. These cookies do not store any personal information. 17 Adventurous Things To Do in Guatemala + Tips For Your Visit! All rights reserved. Although its only two hours from Antigua, it feels very remote and like its a world away. Make friends with the local dogs, roll out a towel, cover yourself in suncream and read your book! They guarantee all visitors will have the best experience while taking a tour with them, and all profits are reinvested in their community development projects. You can choose to keep the fish to cook or donate some of the fish to the local families. What a perfect way to end your trip here than to watch the amazing sunset this area has to offer. Alex provided a lot of information before . If you love the beach and surfing, then El Paredon is the perfect place for you. El Paredon is known as an up-and-coming destination ever since it caught the attention of many foreign surfers. I think thats the name anyway! Reviewed March 3, 2022 . I am certainly no stranger to adventure, outward and within. So make sure that you know what youre doing or go out with a surf camp. It is a 2-hour drive from Antigua Guatemala, and a 3-hour drive from Guatemala City. Canadian Rockies Road TripAn Epic 1-Week Itinerary, 15 of The BEST Things To Do in Antigua, Guatemala, Hi, friend! The beaches in El Paredon and Monterrico are very much alike. The best option to rent a kayak is at El Paredon Surf Camp for 40 GTQ (5 USD) for three hours. You dont really think about Guatemala having an amazing beach scene but it does. If youre looking to enhance your trip to the Pacific Coast, one of the best things to do in El Paredon is.. get local! Many come here to relax, surf, or party as there are honestly not many other choices! As I mentioned before there isnt that much choice BUT its probably the best food Ive eaten in Guatemala and the cheapest. In fact, theyre an award-winning tour operator. I saw many of the same people night after night, which made this town seem very close-knit. As of Oct 07, 2019 there are travel warnings for Guatemala; exercise a high degree of caution. Monterrico is the more popular Guatemalan beach choice, as its much more built up, with more choice of places to stay. ), Your Guide to Exploring Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. Personally, it didnt seem like the best hostel to stay at when I visited it. Visitors can explore the unique environment by taking on a tour in a traditional wooden boat. Top Tip:Always book before you get there! Choose your slice of paradise! Here are some of the best places to stay in El Paredon: This is one of the nicest hotels in El Paredon, yet it is still very affordable. You might not get quite the array of ex-pat run juice bars and sunset cocktail joints but you are guaranteed a Guatemalan experience. The dorm rooms arent bunk beds which I see as a huge plus. Read More: What Should You Pack For Guatemala? El Nido Paredon Hotel room in El Paredon Zala House - King-Suite 2 $127 night 4.93 (27) SUPERHOST Private room in El Paredn Buena Vista Villa Maran - private room with AC and pool $98 4.98 (49) SUPERHOST Home in El Paredon BarriOceano - Barrel Cottage $150 SUPERHOST Private room in El Paredon Villa Kaikora Guesthouse in El Paredon Weeks with ideal weather are listed above. The Best Surfing in Guatemala Is at El Paredon - Matador Network However, I used a day pass at a few of the hotels in the area, which was so much fun! Driftwood Surfer Hostel raises money each year to buy eggs from the poachers and donates them to the conservatory. She loves talking about how to work abroad and online to travel longer! Between June and October (rainy season) is when youll find the biggest waves in El Paredon so do some research if surfing is something youre keen to do. On this tour, you take a little boat into the mangroves with a local guide. It is among the most popular destinations in the country due to its friendly locals, stunning landscape, and laid-back atmosphere. Make sure you plan your meals accordingly because the majority of places only offer meals during select times. Ive got you! Welcome to our guide to El Paredon, Guatemala! Hold your shoes, dont leave them somewhere! There can be a strong current and if you go too far out it might pull you in. Best Times to Travel Guatemala El Paredon, Guatemala, Tourism graph is based on Google searches for services used by tourists relative to the rest of the year. The least humid month is March (65.2% relative humidity), and the most humid month is October (80.3%). Please note that a value of 0 for snow in the graph below may either mean there was no snow, or that snow is unreported. Explore Guatemala's mystical, mountainous, and volcanic landscapes on this tour, including hiking, biking, and boating. This hostel not only has a lively atmosphere for backpackers traveling in Guatemala, but it has lots of facilities that will make you stay comfortable. I dont think Ive ever travelled to a place where you can enjoy both sunrise and sunset from the same spot on the same day! If I were to go back, I would definitely just take the shuttle from Antigua. 7.8K me gusta,98 comentarios.Video de TikTok de Juls (@julsgoes): Quieres ganar 1 noche gratis en Hotel Kaana Surf en Playa el Paredn? Swell Guatemala (this seems to be the cool place to stay these days. Since I have to eat and drink because I am human it made it very worth it! For the tourist bus, its around 125Q and you can either book through the accommodation you book to stay in El Paredon, or book through GuateGo. Additionally, if you visit between March and April, youll experience warmer weather. This small, laidback fishing village is located on the Pacific coast of Guatemala, about two hours from Antigua and three and a half hours from the capital. Make sure not to go anywhere around town barefoot as most of the towns streets are made of this same sand, and there is only one major (paved) road that runs through the town. Local experiences are why we travel! It rains or snows a significant amount: 2 to 11 days per month. Unlike other countries, Guatemala does not experience four seasons. Its only 3 hours from Lake Atitlan or 2 hours from Antigua. One of their most popular activities is a homestay. Check this page for any recent changes or regions to avoid: Travel Advice and Advisories. Sean is the founder of the travel blog, LivingOutLau. The way we experience weather isnt all about temperature. They do have a huge sea turtle conservation project that is a must to check out if you come during the sea turtle hatching season. There are plenty of restaurants in El Paredon, but the local shops have a limited inventory. So which spots have the best day passes? You may think to yourself that you want to stay at the party hostel but in reality, the whole town congregates in one area/hostel every night. There are some other cool activities in this area that you can do if those arent your thing. The local families La Choza Chula work with are very warm and friendly and love to learn about the new cultures too. If you would like to do watersports in El Paredon but dont want to surf, why not try stand-up paddleboarding? Luckily there are a few little hammock huts along the beach, but those are for guests only; we will talk more about this in a sec! Heres more information about the shuttles. Now, it is one of the most popular destinations for many tourists. Some tours even include classes for you to learn how the locals fish, and youll get the chance to try a new experience on a tranquil part of the mangrove. PAREDON SURF HOUSE - Updated 2023 Prices & Guest house Reviews (El Instead, the easiest and still reasonably priced way to get here is to just book a shuttle! Central America ; Guatemala ; Escuintla Department ; El Paredon ; El Paredon B&Bs / Inns ; Paredon Surf House; Search. Did you find this post helpful? Since then the ownership has changed and it is now calledCasa Macano Surf-Yoga. RELATED: 7 Travel Shoes for Women That Are Functional AF. Your options for beaches in Guatemala are pretty slim. Top tip: The black sands get very hot during the day for obvious reasons so whilst its nice to be barefoot on the earth, Id bring flip flops to save yourself the burn! The waves are amazing but only at certain parts of the day. The most popular places to stay in El Paredon are: Surf House (Bit more upmarket but on the expensive side and always full), Surf Camp (cheaper, not so nice and always full), Casa Macano Surf-Yoga(If you want to have more of a retreat-style stay I stayed here so see below for full review), Soul Food Kitchen and Guesthouse (best Thai food in Guatemala! When you picture a beach, you probably imagine white-sand and turquoise waters. If you are a digital nomad or planning travel of at least 6 months then go for SafetyWing. Dont get me wrong though, people still want to party here. Book: Mellow Hostel | Driftwood Hostel | Cocori Lodge, RELATED: The Essential Beach Packing List (+ Fun Items and Tips!). It is truly a quiet surf destination in an unlikely place. This is one of the most popular spots! The restaurant moved since I went there and you can also stay in his guest house. However, the water here is a bit intimidating, so you might want to go out with somebody who can help you have more fun and be super safe. I got the best of both worlds, access to the cool hotel WITHOUT the lack of sleep at night (granny needs her shut-eye, kids!). Thinking of traveling from Antigua to El Paredon? Safety Wing goes the extra mile and covers quarantine outside your home for up to 10 days, they also have a really handy map on their website showing requirements and restrictions for each country. The Essential Beach Packing List (+ Fun Items and Tips! RELATED: 15 of The BEST Things To Do in Antigua, Guatemala. Disclosure: Where in the World is Nina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program as well as other affiliate programs, designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites at no extra cost to you. The sky gets illuminated with all sorts of pinks, oranges, and reds, while the water will glisten with the last of the suns light. They also have incredible pancakes for breakfast and great smoothies! Tourism is the slowest during these months due to the weather, so hotels may be affordably priced. The hostel is a huge part of the community in El Paredon, so if you need information about surfing, turtle release, or really about anything in El Paredon, the staff at Driftwood Surfer can help you. The 20km. The area is less temperate than some in the 17th percentile for pleasant weather compared to tourist destinations worldwide. This is easily the most popular activity that people come to El Paredon to partake in. It is nice to walk along the water to see the other parts of the area and to truly see how remote you are. Those willing to visit at these times will likely find it the least expensive month. . Afterwards, enjoy the food with the local family! The Best El Paredn Buena Vista Hotels, Guatemala (From $30) The complete tour will take approximately 2 hours if you stop several times to see the various species. Looking for more information about traveling in Guatemala? Take a bracelet making class with some of the local girls from the village. There arent as many accommodations to choose from in El Paredon as there are other popular tourist attractions in Guatemala. This is a good, affordable place to learn how to surf for beginners. How magical is that!? El Paredon Guatemala surf spot is also suitable for intermediate surfers. Almost every place on the beach will have board rentals available; however, some do not rent to people who have never been surfing before because, as we have mentioned, the surf can be dangerous. One of the main spots to hang out! If you take a tour or do an activity through La Choza Chula, your money will go back into the local community. In this guide, well tell you everything you need to know about this amazing destination, so youll be ready for your visit. Tourism data for this area is extrapolated based on nearby areas. Beyond the few hotels and their resturants, there is one conveniece shop, a few tiendas, a few resturants, and thats it. You can see turtles feeding year-round in El Paredon (and depending on the season, you might even be able to watch them hatch!) It was even kind of burning my feet when it got kicked into my flip flops. Grab some drinks, some snacks and maybe your surfboard too go soak up this glorious light. Shes been abroad since 2011 and blogging on Where in the World is Nina? They are a Guatemalann owned company that have painstakingly brought together all of the transport and tour options in one easy-to-use website. Many visitors will flock towards the sand to try to catch the last light of the day. Youll learn how to prepare Guatemalan tortillas, empanadas, ticucas, and much more! Where is El Paredn? Allen who was looking after the place (and still is) was so incredibly helpful and showed me up to their dorm room. Their tours provide an alternative income stream for many of the locals. See all of Mollies adventures and guides here. The best things to do in El Paredon, Guatemala 1 knot = 1.15 MPH or 1.85 KPH. Our perceived temperatures factor in humidity and wind chill to better represent how hot or cold the day feels to a person. To start off, the design of the property is gorgeous. Its location couldnt be any more central or conveniently located on the beachfront. El Paredon Vacation Rentals & Homes - Escuintla Department, Guatemala The only difference between the two towns is that Monterrico has more resort-like properties and is more popular with Guatemalan tourists. If you have a portable one then that is even better! Youll spot all the local wildlife, from ibises to herons and turtles. But, El Paredon must be one of the safest places in Central America. The owner Garry is really friendly and knows how to make some great food! El Paredon Sur Camp is the first original place at El Paredon Beach, it is a great place for anyone from experienced surfers, beginners or travelers with a taste for a rustic, relaxing, hostel-style place to stay on the beach. But for those that arent staying, they can also come and enjoy their restaurant and bar! Copyright 2023 Where in the World is Nina? World Nomads is great for incidents that happen prior to your trip, so if you get sick or are unable to travel due to travel restrictions some of their policies will cover that as cancellation cover. However, if you want to take on some of the waves with a board, it is a great place! In most hostels, you will have the opportunity of staying at a beachfront property for a great price. It is truly an extraordinary and magical experience. For as long I can remember I have had an appreciation and fascination for other cultures. El Paredon Swell Depending on when you come to El Paredon, there wont be a ton of restaurants that you are used to having. The graph below shows the average snow on the ground in El Paredon (in). Weather stations report no annual snow. What Should You Pack For Guatemala? If youre looking for the very warmest time to visit El Paredon, the hottest months are April, May, and then July. Renee - SALES. So if you want my advice to give Monterrico a miss and head to El Paredon quickly before everyone else realizes just how good it really is! Join our mailing list to get the latest updates!! El Paredon, Guatemala The cost of the shuttle is Q90 (about $12) each way to and from Antigua, and there are usually two departures daily. There are multiple options on how to get to El Paredon, depending on where you are. Our best data indicates this area is somewhat safe. The Pacific Slope travel - Lonely Planet | Guatemala, Central America These months see the most precipitation with 10 to 12 days of precipitation per month. This is a non-profit tour company that is famous in El Paredon for its tours. The only danger in El Paredon is the strong currents that could pull in inexperienced swimmers.
Grubhub Founder Net Worth, Used Police Push Bar, Body Found In Huffman Texas, Articles E