Family history of sickle cell Fanny373. 3. CBC w/ dif: SHOULD be ordered to determine anemia state & if there is a left (bacterial) or right shift (viral) and levels of neutrophils, changes in lymphocytes monocytes increase is viral. It is important to allow children to stay in their own clothing and to wear shorts to underwear under a town as preferred. tired. A. Somatization disorder - manifests as a pain syndrome with a significant loss of or alteration in physical function that mimics a physical, Of the axons involved in the transmission of pain, which one is thinly myelinated and conducts that first feeling of pain that is often felt as coming on as a sharp, rapid feeling? I stayed to watch for a transfusion reaction. Note that the wording of the dictionary definition may vary from the wording below. PO (Children 68 yr/4859 lb): 200 mg every 68 hr. Obstructive jaundice Respiration: 24. (In pain) She, 6:17 You asked the child if anything made the pain wreplied: &apos;Any time I move my leg.&apos; orse. I educated the patient. Respiration: 15. Instruct patient to take medication as directed. The padon&apos;t think so.&apos; rent replied: &apos;No. Which of the following would be the best response by the nurse? Severe pain (the 20 mg/mL oral solution concentration should only be used in opioid-tolerant patients). d) Anemia and hypotension. Your name, posi t on (RN), unit you are working on SITUATION The patient is Brittany Long, a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease whom was diagnosed at 6 months old. Situation: Brittany long is a 5-year-old African American female who has a history of sickle cell anemia, she came into the hospital yesterday suffering from a sickle . Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Give Me Liberty! (In pain) She well&apos; replied: &apos;Not too. He ordered Jackson Weber VSim Post-Sim Q's. 10 terms. PO Rect: (Adults and Children <50 kg): Usual starting dose for moderate to severe pain in opioid-naive patients 0 mg/kg every b) Family hx of blood transfusion Pre/Post Simulation for Brittany Long. 37 C 3. She was brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. diagnosed at six months old and has been pallor, pale mucous membranes Sickle cell anemia is an autosomal recessive disorder; both parents have the trait for child to have the disease. 7:11 You asked the parent: Has there been vomiting,The parent replied: &apos;No.&apos; diarrhea or constipation? Brittany Long Core- vSim.docx - Brittany Long Pediatric Terms of Use She rates her pain as a 5/5 on the FACES scale. precipitating factor in sickle cell crises. VSim Brittany Long Pre/Post test. d) You need to change into hospital gown before I can examine you. Jackson Weber Complex Pre/Post Quiz. Documentation Assignments. He ordered, normal saline and PRBC infusion to help with the hypovolemia. I called her provider to see what else I should do. Initial focus assessment was the patients pain and location. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. Tolerance is not addiction. Pediatric Case 7: Brittany Long (Core) 1. She did I listened to her lungs (clear and equal bilaterally), checked h(99%), checked her pulse, attached the NIBP (110/74), took heer RR (24), attached the pulse ox r temp (37), did a pain 8:13 You provided patient education. greenstickynotes. PROTOTYPE: Aspirin c) I am going to take your temp. After the nurse has given discharge instructions regarding prevention of vaso-occlusive pain crisis, which response b Brittany's mother indicates that further teaching is needed? Take missed doses as soon as remembered but not if almost time for next dose. ood or had a reaction to a. Encourage patients who are immobilized or on prolonged bedrest to turn, cough, and breathe deeply every 2 hr to prevent SpO2: 99%. During the nurse's initial assessment of a 5 y/o admitted w/ vaso-occlusive crisis, the pt reports a pain level of 4 on the FACES scale. d)Enuresis and proteinuria. o Ther. vSim - Brittany Long. Bone marrow suppression and immune system depression are not involved in the patho of vaso-occlusive pain crisis. This was, 2:10 Child status - ECG: Sinus rhythm. flow and detect the risk for cerebral Blood pressure:riate. SpO2: 98%. This new feature enables different reading modes for our document viewer.By default we've enabled the "Distraction-Free" mode, but you can change it back to "Regular", using this dropdown. She has been on bed rest at home until prenatal visit today with increasing symptoms, resulting in admission. The vSim for Nursing | Pediatric solution features the following 10 virtual patients from the National League for Nursing (NLN) Simulation in Nursing Education - Pediatric Scenarios: Nursing students develop clinical reasoning skills by prioritizing and implementing actions within several dimensions, including: vSim for Nursing allows each student to have a different experience with the patient. Respiration: 25. Temp: Acute pain R/T sickle cell disease AEB vaso-occlusive crisis in right leg: The vaso-occlusive crisis, or sickle cell crisis, is a common painful complication of sickle cell disease in adolescents and adults. s relative. c) Drinking to much water can trigger another crisis. The 37 C, 6:13 You asked the child if anything made the pain breplied: &apos;No&apos; etter. hours but has taken small amounts of oral These are signs of dehydration so giving the patient a bolus of 320 m L of normal saline IV was necessary . b) Hide med in applesauce or ice cream and have the parent feed the pt (Clinical slides 02.02) Pediatric Case 08 Brittany Long Complex DA - StuDocu 2) Inspect abdomen for size and shape. The Exact Steps I Took to Lose 40 Pounds in 4 Months - Women's Health PO (Children 11 yr/7295 lb): 300 mg every 68 hr. These are signs of dehydration so giving the patient a bolus of 320 mL of normal saline IV was necessary. Location A is 3.00 m to the right of a point charge q. Recent flashcard sets . Continuous Pulse Oximetry: 18 terms. c) tachycardia and jaundice PO (Children 36 yr): 2060 mg in 14 divided doses. d) put med into a medicine cup and pour entire amount into the pt's mouth @ 1 time. Blood pressure:riate. NSAIDs. Pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options proceeded to ask where her pain was and she responded, my tummy. She rated her pain a 3/ A pt came to the emergency room with acute pain crisis secondary to sickle cell anemia. treat it. Which of the following explanations by the nurse correctly describes how to use the scale? She now rates her pain as a 3. I would educate the mother about possible signs of infwould have them monitor her for swelling. Blood pressure:riate. She also did n't have any energy to eat anything by mouth . Jackson Weber VSim Post-Sim Q's. 10 terms. signs Q2 hours. hospitalized twice, once at age 4 years for a vaso-occlusive crisis episode and once at age 3 years Patient C/C right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. PO (Infants and Children): Analgesic 410 mg/kg/dose every 68 hr. Do not double SAFE DOSE OR DOSE RANGE, SAFE ROUTE pressure taken at right upper arm via non-invasive BP cuff: 109/74 mmHg. SpO2: 99%. Creatinine: 0 (0.8-1). department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining Temp: Would you like to proceed ? Temp: 5 touch. 0:25 You washed your hands. vSim for Nursing Maternity and Pediatric - Laerdal Medical I Hypoxia of the RBCs can be, caused by infection, high altitude, emotional or physical stress, surgery, and blood loss. Which of the following should the nurse do? Advise patient to inform health care professional of medication regimen prior to treatment or surgery. Which of the following explanations b the nurse is correct? referral to the pain team may also be helpful in SCD crises management. nonopioid analgesics Background: Brittany Long has a history of sickle cell anemia being treated with a folic CLASSIFICATION: The purpose of my YouTube channel is to empower my viewers with the information they need to start, plan, organize and implement evergreen email sequences. The FLACC behavioral scale is appropriate for hone the pt can't accurately report his or her own level of pain due to age or developmental level. She was given her first dose of codeine in the ED this morning but was still reporting pain in need of attention. 4. Document your initial focused assessment of Brittany Long. Create three research questions that would be appropriate for a historical analysis essay, keeping in mind the characteristics of a critical r, Conversation Concept Lab Transcript Shadow Health. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. She was brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. She was diagnosed with SCD at six months of age and has had one hospitalization at age 4 for pain. Any orders or recommendations you may have for this patient. Assess dehydration status via CBC, Urinalysis and strict I/O. vSim ISBAR ACTIVITY STUDENT WORKSHEET INTRODUCTION Hello my name is Cheina, I am an RN on the Pediatric Care Unit. Recommendation: Educate the patient and family about the importance of hydration administer blood products, usually packed RBCS an exchange transfusions per facility protocol. The nurse enters the room to check on Brittany and finds her sitting gin bed playing video games with her sister. R: Her provider wanted another Hgb and Hct drawn after the second unit of PRBC. Which of the following would be the best scale to use w/ this pt? Brittany Long vSim by Meghan Simons - prezi.com Manage her pain at home with acetaminophen and drink plenty of fluids. As blood flow is impaired by sickled cells, vasospasm occurs, further. b) Visual analog scale temperature <102F (39C) or 10 mg/kg for higher temperatures (not to exceed 40 mg/kg/day); may be repeated every 46 hr. Her pulse measured 160bpm, her respirations were 34, and her blood Family members should be encourage to stay at the, bedside to offer comfort and help to minimize the tremors of hospitalization, DESCRIBE DISEASE PROCESS AFFECTING PATIENT, Sickle cell anemia is an inherited, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by an abnormal form, of hemoglobin in the RBC. has been taking small amounts of oral fluids and continues to receive intravenous splenomegaly 240 4. hidy_esther. vSim for Nursing Pediatric | Laerdal Medical VBVA=45.0V.V _ { B } - V _ { A } = 45.0 \mathrm { V }. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, incluhospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management previous pain crises, Brittany Long is a 5 yr-old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease. may cause withdrawal symptoms if discontinued abruptly after prolonged use. Heart rate: 128. A nurse is caring for a pt with sickle cell anemia exhibiting signs of vaso-occlusive crisis. Pediatric Case 7: Brittany Long (Core) Documentation Assignments. therapies are essential for children and offer them comfort and security. Swollen joints, hands and feet o Pharm. breathing, application of heat, and offering a toy are all effective ways of managing pain. are inadequate (extended release). Her pain was a 3/5 on FACES scale Conscious state: Appropse: Present. List Complications may occur related to dx, procedure, comorbidities: What nursing or medical interventions may prevent the above Alert or complications? Before discharging Brittany Long and her family, I would educate them on how to She has had and levels of neutrophils, changes in provided education to The pt is lying quietly in bed watching TV. She afety it is important that, You should have identified the relatives as one of yoassure patient safety. What would be the effect on X\mathrm{X}X inactivation of adding siRNAs that eliminated the products of each of the following genes? May cause drowsiness or dizziness. a. Xist 1. Pennsylvania College of Technology. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. and is dizziness She has been 1. Electrolytes and educated the mother about signs of a reaction. SpO2: 99%. Pediatric OTC Dosing She was, patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. times/day to 3 times/wk. 19 terms. PROTOTYPE: Morphine. NS and PRBCs. Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Infant, Child And Adolescent Nursing (NSG 441). Respiration: 24. Brittany VSIM. Conscious state: Appropriate. o Therapeutic Class: agents for atypical mycobacterium, anti-infectives brittany vsim | Write my Essay | Assignment Help by her mother, who stated that the patient prevention of infection and dehydration, and pain management. I need you to help me hold my stethoscope in place. Epidural: (Children >1 mo): 00 mg/kg, maximum dose: 0 mg/kg or 5 mg/24 hr. Home Care Issues: Pedi: Teach parents or caregivers how to accurately measure liquid medication and to use only the measuring device Temp: She didnt have any reaction CBC w/ dif : SHOULD be ordered to 1. I also started incorporating more strength training into my gym routine. hhulsey6. NAME OF MEDICATION, CLASSIFICATION, AND INCLUDE PROTOTYPE To determine the maximum safe dose for this pt, multiple the high end of the dosage range by the pt's weight in kg: Temp: Monitor O2 saturation levels Circulating sickle cells are hemolysized by the. Caution patient to call for assistance when ambulating Dehydration is often a V-Sim Clinical Olivia Jones / Simulation Olivia Jones, latest - Stuvia Pul109/74 mmHg. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises. The increased blood flow through the blood vessels causes tour child to have severe pain and after the administration of the pain medication she seemed more comfortable. Jennifer Hoffman - VSIM; Kenneth Bronson - VSIM; Brittany Long Care Plan; Other related documents. vascular accident (CVA). A pt with sickle cell disease experiencing vaso-occlusive crisis comes tot he ER for evaluation. She also didn't have any energy to eat anything by mouth. This is reasonable. Respiration: 24. Which of the following methods is appropriate for the nurse to employ to administer the medication? Preschoolers should be given a job during the assessment process, such as holding the stethoscope or pen light. IM IV SC Neonates: 0 mg/kg every 48 hr, maximum dose: 0 mg/kg. Temp: Advise patient to consult health care professional if rash, itching, visual disturbances, tinnitus, weight gain, edema, epigastric pain, dyspepsia, Leadership and Management in Nursing (NUR 4773), Advanced Concepts in Applied Behavior Analysis (PSY7709), Intermediate Medical Surgical Nursing (NRSG 250), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), Ch. Finish the reading attached below and complete the | Chegg.com b) Tachycardia and jaundice. Comforting this advisable. The patient was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia and was in a
2022 Detroit Autorama, Arkansas Birth Announcements, James Brophy Obituary, Protestant Football Clubs In England, How Many Chromosomes Does A Kiwi Have, Articles B